ČEZ AMM Wide Pilot Project
Pilot project objective was to verify the possibility of the Smart technology usage on low voltage level in scale of 1% of the point of delivery number registered in the ČEZ Company – 35.000 meters.
The project managed the consortium led by Hewlett-Packard s.r.o. company. The members of this consortium were Landis + Gyr s.r.o., ZPA Smart Energy a.s., Transtech CZ s.r.o. and Schrack Technik s.r.o. All of them are located in the Czech Republic. The following companies participated as subcontractors of consortium members: ModemTec s.r.o., NESS Czech s.r.o. with partner Powel AS and company Görlitz (Austria) as sub-contractor of Schrack Technik s.r.o. company.
Target of WPP AMM project
- gives findings about the operation and possibility to implement the smart metering in the conditions of the Czech Republic, which were used as an input to economic evaluation of implementing smart metering in accordance with EU directive 2009/72/EC (Appendix 1, Paragraph 2),
- allows ČEZ company to put the current HW and SW technologies to the test in a real environment and specify own requirements on the future possible roll-out of smart metering,
- creates conditions for building-up and testing the Smart region concept, in which the smart metering produced the multi-utility data from power, gas and water consumption.
Single and three phase electro meters of the following types were the significant parts of delivery:
- ZPA – AM150, AM350 with proprietary protocol pull and PLC/GPRS communication,
- ADD – NP71E.1, NP73E.1, NP73E.3 with protocol DMLS pull and PLC communication,
- L+G – ZCF120AB, ZMF120AB with protocol AGS-DK push and PLC/BPL communication,
- EMH – ED1550, DMTZ-XC, LZQJ-XC with radio communication in the raconet network.
The meters communicate with the data concentrator via PLC, which communicates with the data collection system via Scalar device by GPRS of appropriate mobile provider. A number of readings was defined in the project represented by two 15-minute load profiles (consumption, generation), six daily profiles of head values, four of which were used for tariff s 1– 4. Furthermore the monthly maximum of take-off, the registry for voltage and current and 10 minute profile of voltage for each phase are also read. Together with electricity quantities there are read static information about serial number of device, version Infrastructure of AMM Wide of firmware, content of error register F.F and identification of the actual Time Of Use table (TOU table).
Take advantage of our experience
The individual read values of fifteen minute consumption profiles are validated based on predefined rules and if required and configured as a rule, these values are also estimated on fly before storing them to the database. Together with readings all events generated or registered by the meter are also processed. The selected events are pushed to centralized supervising system.
These events are:
- outage (with timestamp for start and end)
- overvoltage, under voltage
- opening of terminal coverage
- opening of meter coverage
- magnetic field detection
- serious meter error
Each type of meter is equipped with two additional relays (R1 and R2), which allow to handle the four logical statuses. These can be used in the combination of four tariff s T1 up to T4. Together with the calendar, which mapped each type of day, these tariff s and relays represent the content of TOU table, where is defined for all days and time, which relay and tariff should be activated or rather deactivated. The switching plans of TOU tables, used in the project, correspond to switching plans used in ripple control system (thereinafter HDO). As a part of the meter there is also disconnecting switch and power limiter, for which can be defined the power threshold limit for disconnection of meter when power is exceeded. The meter equipment mentioned above is controlled remotely from data collection system by so-called Smart functions, which is possible to run manually or automatically by services, which processed the work orders from superset systems. It is therefore a disconnection and connection, deactivation and activation of power limitation, upload of new TOU table including the calendar.
Important part of the project represents a very narrow integration of data collection systems to the ČEZ IT environment. ELIN (product of Powel AS, implemented by NESS Czech), Gridstream (produced and implemented by L+G) and EDW 300 (product of Görlitz, implemented by Schrack Technik) are used as data collection systems. Main integration stream is a two way interface on SAP IS-U via SAP PI, in which is processed installation and update of meter master data is processed, sending of work orders for billing readings, meter disconnection/connection or upload of TOU table.
Other implemented data exchange integration
- measurement of summary meters (measurement of output from substation) and industrial meters are exchanged between data collection systems to allow calculation of the balance report. For that purpose data from GIS are also imported to control calculation of balance report correctly based on the actual meter network topology,
- specific grouped 15 load profile for consumption analysis and comparison with normalized load profiles,
- readings for purpose of centralized reporting (implemented in BI tool), which are unified by export procedures to the same format,
- reading, which is published on the measured data portal.
Part of project objectives was also providing of the data collection system´s performance test, which should prove usability of the system in case of 3,5 million meters are deployed in the grid. After a few days of the technology tuning the component´s test was successfully finished within three days of continuous run reading of 3,5 million meters.