Process consulting for T-Mobile
The main goal of the project Conception of process management revitalization was to design a program increasing efficiency of the process management concept. Ness contributed to the project by expert consulting and outcome opponency.
Besides the other components, current process model revitalization proposal compliant with the corporate strategy and the measurement process were created during the project.
Dissatisfaction with the existing status of process management. One could use data from the Qualitymanagement division including outcomes of the ISO 9000 internal audits and EFQM evaluation, which defined potential improvement areas in the process management. And T-Mobile wanted to cover and optimize exactly these areas, utilizing assistance provided by our experienced consultants.
The main goal of the project was to extend contributions of the process management potential in T-Mobile. Ness was acting in both consulting role (transfer of know-how and the best industry practices) and as an opponent to outcomes created by T-Mobile.
Independent process view
Ness was chosen to cooperate on this project as it demonstrated ability to offer clear and specific solution designs to existing situation. Moreover, it was able to support it by both real references and professional certified staff.
T-Mobile process team acknowledged not only our independent view, we were able to bring, but also a real experience from projects of similar type. Ness internal process management model was also great inspiration.
Revitalization of processes and their measurement
The main goal of the project was to extend contributions of process management potential in T-Mobile. The project settings consisted of data from the Quality assurance division covering also ISO 9000 internal audit outcomes and EFQM evaluation, which defined the areas for improvement. The goal of the project was to design a conception for improvement of those areas. Coaching and transfer of know-how to the customer's team Ness consultants with their experience from process management, Six Sigma and quality management participated on the project. The project had a purely consulting character. Ness consultants realized a set of workshops and the T-Mobile process team subsequently created the conception of process management revitalization. Ness was acting in both consulting role (transfer of know-how and the best industry practices) and as an opponent to outputs created by T-Mobile.
The realized workshops were focused to:
- Integration of business strategy to process management system
- Process management methodology
- Structure and details of particular processes
From ideas up to a unified concept
Documentation of the Conception of process management revitalization and its presentation to top management was the key outcome of the project. A range of partial outputs were generated during the project as a background for creation of this concept.
Key strategic workshops:
- Proposal of methodologies to define structure of key processes and links to CSF organizations
- Process model revision from the point of view of its support to key enterprise processes
Workshop focused to process model and methodology covered mainly these areas:
- Evaluation of the current process description from the point of view of its recency, punctuality and support to strategy
- Design of process restructuring from the functional point of view of end-to-end orientation, complex simplification of range of description details for better transparency and practical orientation of the model
A range of consultations were realized during the project, which covered workshop evaluation for particular process areas, identification of key improvement areas and proposals for such improvement.
A program plan to achieve partial projects leading to realizing the notion of Conception was one of the outcomes of the workshop and consulting. Key steps of process management revitalization conception cover the following areas:
- Process model revitalization
- Design of new process model conception and its simplification with reference to the existing status
- The main goal is to create a clearly understandable model, which will describe key processes of T- mobile
- Definition of competencies and responsibilities within this process, definition of SLA areas
- Definition of services
- Description of services in T-Mobile and its connection to key processes. Framework definition (KPI) for a high-quality provision of such services.
- Launching the process controlling
- Creation of process controlling and its integration to existing controlling mechanism
- Quality organization framework
- Organization set-up to process management, definition of roles, responsibilities and competencies. Setting-up the motivation program and internal audit processes.
Project Conception of process management revitalization defined a process and action plan for transformation of process management in T-Mobile, to be able to fully utilize the potential of such process management. This goal was achieved with consulting and workshops arranged by Ness consultants and with the efforts of the whole process team during creating the conception. During mutual cooperation, T-Mobile workers appreciated especially ability of Ness consultants to come with a new view of the issue and to design a solution based on practical experience from other projects. Consulting cooperation character enabled to preserve autonomy of the process team workers while creating the solution and ability to efficiently use internal communication while simultaneously pumping expert knowledge provided by the external supplier. This way we created a functional solution proposal to given situation while respecting internal operations processes of the company. The main advantage therefore is that the workers are identified to this solution, and simultaneously it contains valuable know-how, which would not be able to be achieved efficiently by internal sources.
- Ability of Ness consultants to come with a new view of the issue and to design a solution based on practical experience from other projects
- Preserving the autonomy of process team workers while creating the solution and possibility to efficiently use internal communication while simultaneously pumping expert knowledge provided by the external supplier
- Creation of a functional solution proposal to given situation while respecting internal operations mechanisms of the company
- Advantage of the newly created solution is that the workers are identified to this solution and in addition it contains valuable know-how, which was impossible to be achieved by internal resources
T-Mobile Czech Republic has been acting on the Czech market since 1996. It is operating a public mobile communication network in standard GSM 900 MHz and 1800 MHz, at the same time it is entitled to operate the UMTS network. Since 2008, it is a provider of a high-speed internet access by ADSL technology and simultaneously it offers voice services by a public landline electronic communication network. It is serving nearly 5,5 million customers in the Czech Republic and nearly 152 million globally. It is a member of international telecommunication group Deutsche Telekom.
"I evaluate cooperation with the Ness consultants very positively. They were able to provide a different view and move us forward while searching for a convenient solution. I appreciate also their practical experience they were able to apply in the environment of T-Mobile."
Martin Venzl, Director of quality and services management, T-Mobile Czech Republic